Catalyst has 3 primary goals:
- Connect students, fellows, and employees on the North Carolina Research Campus to one another and promote stronger personal and professional relationships.
- Promote the professional development of NCRC students, fellows, and employees and improve future career prospects.
- Support the research conducted on the campus and encourage students, fellows, and employees to share their research with other scientists and the greater public.
Catalyst primarily hosts 3 types of events to meet these goals:
- Professional development workshops to promote skill development and improve future career prospects. Workshops cover topics such as getting a job in industry, dealing with imposter syndrome, and how to perform statistical analysis on your data.
- Networking and social events to meet and collaborate with people from across the NCRC. Past events include pizza lunches, ice cream socials, game nights, and trips to museums.
- Annual spring research symposium to promote research conducted on the NCRC. The symposium features research talks from around the campus, guest research talks, poster presentations, and networking opportunities.
Catalyst accepts anyone as a member, but primarily caters to students, post-doctoral fellows, lab managers, lab technicians, research scientists, and industry scientists.
Interested? There are many ways to get involved! Fill out the form on the right side of this page to get more information, view our “How to Join” page for more information about being a member of Catalyst, or see our “Contact Us” page.