Upcoming Events – Fall
Take a moment to see what our community is up to and to share the things that brighten up your day with A Ray of Happiness.
For updates and reminders on all Catalyst events and more join our listserv to receive our weekly newsletters.
Precision Nutrition and Brain Health Virtual Symposium 2021
- What: A two-day symposium that highlights the role of maternal nutrition in brain development and explores how this can be optimized based on individual genetic and nutritional backgrounds
- Who: Scientists and medical professionals from academia, government, and industry
- When: April 15-16th
- Where: The symposium will be held online
- What to do: Registration and further details can be found here
2020-2021 Science Policy Training Series
Learn about the field of science policy through the new 2020-2021 Science Policy Training Series. This series is hosted by the North Carolina Students for Science Policy Coalition (SSPC) (made up of UNC-CH Science Policy Advocacy Group, NC State Science Policy Pack, and UNCG Spartans for Science and Policy)
- Who: Any student or postdoc of a North Carolina college or university
- What: Learn about what science policy is, why it is important, and how you can get involved! To earn the certificate of training, participants must attend 5 seminars and 3 workshops by July 2021 and submit a brief summary of each event attended. On average, 2 events will be offered per month.
- When: The first seminar in the series will be NC Science Policy 101 at 11 AM on September 17th
- How to register: Please sign up at this link. An updating calendar of series events, along with other science and policy opportunities, can be found here.
Virtual Game Night – Every Thursday!
What: If you’re looking for something social to do in these anti-social times, join us for some laughs (and hopefully a good time)!
When: Every Thursday 5-7pm
Where: On your computer!
What to do: See the zoom link here to join