Catalyst Spring Symposium
Looking at the big picture: the application of “-omics” techniques in health and disease
Here comes our biggest event of the year, the Spring Symposium! Featuring two scientific sessions with 6 speakers, free lunch, snacks and coffee, and poster presentations. Hear new research, network with colleagues, enjoy lunch, and support the research of students and post-doctoral fellows.
- When: Friday, March 20th from 10:00am-4:40pm
- Where: Kannapolis City Hall (401 Laureate Way, Kannapolis NC 28081)
- Why: View the latest research in talks, panels, and posters; gain experience by presenting your research; participate in a poster competition; network with researchers from universities and companies from across the Carolinas.
- Cost: Registration is free! Submitting and presenting a poster is also free, and the first 120 registrants receive a free lunch. Parking is free and abundant.
Stay tuned for more information on the schedule and speakers!
Learning to Analyze Your Data in R – Workshop 5: Vectors
Learn how to use R in your data analysis! Join us for the fifth workshop in this series of webinars to explore data tidying, graphing, transformation, modeling, and reporting. Gain greater flexibility in analyzing, graphing, and presenting your data.
During each session, instructors will utilize a provided data set that viewers can practice with. We will have experienced R users present at each meeting to answer any questions, and lessons will also be accompanied by a free textbook available online. The February workshop will focus on R vectors and variable types, as well as exploring options for getting help while using R.
- Who: Anyone on campus!
- When: The fourth session will be held on Wednesday, February 26th, 3:30-5pm. All workshops will be held on Wednesdays this Spring.
- Where: NRI room 1331
- What to do: RSVP here. Please bring your own laptop. We will have charging stations. If you can not attend the workshop, please contact Catalyst for alternative arrangements.
- Check out our data links to view code and examples for past events.