Upcoming Events – Fall
Take a moment to see what our community is up to and to share the things that brighten up your day with A Ray of Happiness.
We have also compiled a voting guide for the Cabarrus, Rowan, and Mecklenburg county. Check it out at How to Vote in November.
For updates and reminders on all Catalyst events and more join our listserv to receive our weekly newsletters.
2020-2021 Science Policy Training Series
Learn about the field of science policy through the new 2020-2021 Science Policy Training Series. This series is hosted by the North Carolina Students for Science Policy Coalition (SSPC) (made up of UNC-CH Science Policy Advocacy Group, NC State Science Policy Pack, and UNCG Spartans for Science and Policy)
- Who: Any student or postdoc of a North Carolina college or university
- What: Learn about what science policy is, why it is important, and how you can get involved! To earn the certificate of training, participants must attend 5 seminars and 3 workshops by July 2021 and submit a brief summary of each event attended. On average, 2 events will be offered per month.
- When: The first seminar in the series will be NC Science Policy 101 at 11 AM on September 17th
- How to register: Please sign up at this link. An updating calendar of series events, along with other science and policy opportunities, can be found here.
Engineers and Scientists Acting Locally
Webinar on Local Engagement Opportunities for Scientists
This webinar will cover how scientists on our campus can get engaged with our local community in many different ways
- Who: Dr. Kendra Zamzow, a member of the ESAL steering committee and an environmental chemist, and Christopher Jackson, a member of the ESAL content team and a chemistry PhD student
- When: Wednesday, September 30th, 2-3pm
- Where: On your computer!
- What to do: RSVP here to receive the Zoom link
Virtual Game Night – Every Thursday!
What: If you’re looking for something social to do in these anti-social times, join us for some laughs (and hopefully a good time)!
When: Every Thursday 5-7pm
Where: On your computer!
What to do: See the zoom link here to join
2020 4-H Fall Plant Sale
Rowan County 4-H is having a fruit tree and plant sale. You must pre-order.
The deadline to order is Thurs, Oct. 29, 2020. Plant pick up is Thurs, Nov. 5, 2020, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Agricultural Building, 2727 Old Concord Rd., Salisbury, NC
What to do: For more information, a list of the available plants, and to order, please see this form.